Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We've built our Dotts with safety and stability in mind. The big wheels offer best-in-class road grip to deal with rain or wind. The wide deck allows you to put both feet up so you can keep your center of gravity. These features help to make your ride as safe as possible. However, all vehicles can be a bit more dangerous in bad weather, so make sure you’re extra careful.
Keep these safety precautions in mind when riding in bad weather:
- Ride calmly and smoothly and avoid any sudden moves
- Avoid braking or accelerating hard, especially on smooth, slippery surfaces
- Avoid puddles and road debris
- Keep your eyes on the road at all times
- Wear reflective gear at night and in low visibility (e.g. fog)
- Don’t use an umbrella while riding, and keep both hands on the handlebars. When it's cold outside, wearing gloves can help with your grip
- Don’t ride scooters in heavy rain, wind or snow
Also check: Safe riding tips