Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
First things first: you need to have an active internet connection to find a Dott, unlock it and end the ride after you’ve arrived.
Once you've found a Dott,
- Scan the QR code on top of the vehicle and tap Unlock and Start ride to get going.
Having trouble scanning the QR code? You can also enter it manually by tapping “abc”.
2. Do a safety check
Before every ride, check:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? (Squeeze the brake levers to make sure)
- Are the tires full?
- Are there any wires hanging loose?
- How much range does the scooter have left*?
*We show range in km or mi, depending on your personal phone settings. A fully charged Dott scooter can take you up to 35 km (22 mi) from your starting point, depending on traffic and weather conditions.
Starting your scooter ride
- To start, place one foot on the board, put both hands on the handlebars and push off hard with your other foot a few times (e-scooters can feel quite heavy the first time, so don’t be shy to give it a good push!)
- To accelerate, gently push the throttle with your right thumb
- Go easy the first time – our scooters can go quite fast
- Once you’re riding, keep both feet on the board
- Squeeze the brake levers to brake – don't use your feet!
- Avoid hard braking and accelerating on smooth, slippery surfaces
When riding, always follow our Riding essentials. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so make sure to give them a quick read before you ride.
Enjoy your ride!