Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
If you’re having trouble unlocking the vehicle and/or starting your ride, try the following:
- Check your internet connection.
- Wait a few seconds for the Dott to turn on. It needs a bit of patience to unlock sometimes.
- If you’re on a bike, check to make sure you’ve manually unlocked the back wheel. First, pull the pin out of the side wheel lock, then insert the pin into the back of the fender. (Note that not all bikes have this lock.)
- If you’re on a scooter, make sure to push off with your foot a few times to start rolling, especially if it is your first ride. You can do it!
- Check the map to see if you’re still within the riding area. If not, move back towards the authorized riding area. If you’re out of the riding area, your vehicle’s electric assistance will be deactivated and you will have to manually move the vehicle back towards it, where the assistance will be reactivated. If you continue to ride outside the riding area, your vehicle may lock.
- Check the app for a payment issue error message. First double-check your payment details, then contact your payment provider if the problem persists. If you’re using your Dott wallet balance, you’ll need at least €2.50 in your wallet to ride.
Finally, sometimes it can simply be that the vehicle may be damaged. If you unlocked a Dott and it’s not working, no worries – you won’t be charged. Please report the vehicle to us by selecting the vehicle on the map and tapping “Report issue”.
Also see: I found a broken/misplaced Dott