SUMMARY OF INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ITALY (ENGLISH LANGUAGE)
1. What is covered:
During the rental of a Dott electric scooter (“Dott Vehicle”) by an individual user (“you”or “your”) in Italy, you may benefit from the following insurance cover:
- Civil Liability Insurance covers physical injury to third parties or damage to third parties property caused by you during the Cover Period (defined in Section 3) up to the maximum coverage limits stated in Section 4.1, and
- Accident Insurance covers your serious injuries (described in Section 4.2) or death during the Cover Period (defined in Section 3) up to the maximum coverage stated in Section 4.2.
The cost of insurance is automatically integrated into the cost of renting the Dott Vehicle.
2. Who is Insured?:
You can claim coverage for damages caused by an accident in Italy involving a Dott Vehicle if you are:
- 18 years old or older;
- in possession of a valid ID card or passport;
- connected, at the time of the Accident, to the Dott Mobile Application and authorised to use the Dott Vehicle; and
- the driver of the Dott Vehicle at the time of the Accident.
You can never claim coverage (i) prior to connecting to and using Dott’s Mobile Application to unlock a Dott Vehicle, and (ii) if you do not meet one of the criteria defined above.
3. When does the insurance cover begin / end?
The insurance coverage begins with the conclusion of the Individual Rental Agreement, i.e. with completion of the Dott Vehicle unlocking process via the Dott Mobile Application, and ends with the parking and the locking of the Dott Vehicle via the Dott Mobile Application (“Cover Period”). Under no circumstances will any claim be permitted for damages outside of the Cover Period.
4. What is the maximum insurance coverage?
4.1 Civil Liability Insurance
The maximum insurance coverage is 6.070.000 EUR in respect of physical injury to Third Parties and 6.070.000 EUR in respect of accidental material damage to the property of third parties.
For the purposes of Civil Liability Insurance coverage the following are not considered third parties: (i) your spouse, parents, or children, as well as any other relative or similar living with you; (ii) if you are not a natural person, the legal representative, the partner with unlimited liability, the director, and the people who are connected to them as per sub i); (iii) persons who, being in an employment relationship with you or Dott, suffer damage in the course of their work or service; or (iv) companies which, where you are not a natural person, can be qualified as controlling, controlled or associated companies pursuant to Art. 2359 of the Italian Civil Code, and to Law No. 216 of 7 June 1974, as well as their directors.
4.2 Accident Insurance
The total compensation due after deduction of all amounts paid to third parties and third entities may not exceed the total limits of the insured value as set out below:
Accidental death (accident only)
Funeral Expenses (accident only)
Quadriplegia (accident only)
Paraplegia (accident only)
Loss of sight from one eye (accident only)
Loss of sight from in both eyes (accident only)
Loss of one limb (accident only)
Total permanent disability (accident only)
(the total amount is for 100% disability)
Hearing loss in both ears (accident only)
Hearing loss in one ear (accident only)
Total and permanent loss of speech (accident only)
Loss of shoulder or elbow use (accident only)
Loss of hip, wrist, knee, or ankle use (accident only)
Loss of use of the entire mandible (accident only)
Loss of use of a kidney (accident only)
Absolute temporary disability resulting from personal injury following an accident
75% of the average daily gross income of the Insured (received from Dott) or 50 euros (the lesser of the two) for a maximum period of 30 days from the end of the waiting period.
Waiting Period: 7 days
(Payment starts from day 8)
*Note that this insurance does not provide for the accumulation of payments in the event of death and in the event of permanent disability from loss of use. If you have already received, for a claim, a payment for permanent total disability or permanent loss of use, payment in the event of death will be made after deduction of the payments already made.
5. How can I claim coverage under the insurance?
If you want to claim coverage under the insurance as set out above, you must report the damage event to Dott’s insurer within 8 days by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone to +39 02 48 100 423.
In order to make a claim you must provide the following:
- Valid proof of identity;
- Evidence, assistance and cooperation in order to establish the circumstances of the damage, and assist in obtaining witness statements or other relevant material (including traceability data at the time of the damage) as Dott’s insurer or broker may require;
- Send Dott’s Insurer any claim, quotation or summons upon receipt, and in any case within 48 hours of service, notice or remittance, on pain of negligence, damages and interest for damages suffered;
- Inform Dott’s Insurer in writing of any upcoming investigation for prosecution or any investigation for fatal accident as soon as the Insured Person becomes aware of it.
Note that a failure to comply with this Section 5 may result in your claim being rejected.
6. What is NOT covered?
THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO BOTH CIVIL LIABILITY INSURANCE AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE:
- damages caused by someone other than you
- damages resulting from your wilful misconduct or gross negligence
- damages resulting from dangerous driving of the Dott Vehicle and/or performed in breach of these Dott’s terms and conditions for use available at: www.ridedott/terms
- damage to things carried by the Dott Vehicle
- fines and connected expenses
- damages claimed by you with fraudulent intent or deception
- damages caused by civil or international war
- damage occurring in a competition, fight, race, bet, or brawl involving you and the Dott Vehicle
- damages incurred by transported passengers
- damages caused or aggravated by transportation on the Dott Vehicle of flammable, explosive, corrosive, oxidant or combustible gases
- explosions caused by dynamite, or other similar explosives, carried in the Dott Vehicle
- damages caused by the Dott Vehicle during the transport of ionising radiation sources for external use to a nuclear plant, if such sources have caused or aggravated the disaster
- damages suffered by you or to the Dott Vehicle if, at the time of the accident, you had an alcohol rate higher than that required by Italian law in the context of road circulation, or was under the influence of non-prescribed drugs or drugs incompatible with driving an electric scooter, or if you refused to undergo a blood alcohol test or drug
- damage or worsening of damage caused by weapons or devices designed to explode due to modification of the nuclear body structure of the atom or any nuclear fuel, product or radioactive waste, or any other ionising radiation source, and which require exclusive handling by an operator of a nuclear implant
- damage or aggravation of damage caused by asbestos and its derivatives
- damages arising from the use of the Dott Vehicle for the public transport of goods, equipment or passengers
- damages arising from the use of the Dott Vehicle for the transport of collectables
- damages incurred while using the Dott Vehicle on a circuit or skate park
- damages that occur during events, races, contests or their trials subject to prior approval by the public authority
- damages arising from claims occurring outside of the Cover Period
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO CIVIL LIABILITY INSURANCE:
- damages, or the portion of damages, up to the excess provided for herein
- damages for loss of or damage to property owned by the you
- damages resulting from civil liability subjected to mandatory insurance
- punitive, exemplary or aggravated damages due to your conduct
- Any damage due to physical injury or material damage arising from::
- ownership, possession, use, occupation of land or buildings;
- ownership, possession or use of motor vehicles, yachts, motor boats, aircraft of any kind, animals or firearms and weapons
- Any claims caused by your wilful misconduct or gross negligence while using a Dott Vehicle. Gross negligence includes the risks inherent in or damage resulting from acts or actions committed in deliberate disregard of the rights of others, of best practice and/or practices of a profession, of the legislative, regulatory and/or administrative provisions in force, including the applicable rules of the Highway Code.
- Any damage suffered by you
- Any damage attributable to your fraud or dishonesty or any person acting on your behalf
- Damage caused by war, invasion, terrorism, acts of third countries, hostility (whether declared or undeclared war), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military coup or usurpation of power, radiation or radioactive contamination of any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste resulting from nuclear fuel
- Damage caused by radioactive, toxic, explosive, or hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or one of its components
- Damage caused by shock waves of an aeroplane or other aircraft flying at supersonic speeds
- Damage as a result of your suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury or other cases where you unnecessarily endangers yourself (unless in an attempt to save a human life)
- Damage caused by the use of solvents,
- Damage caused under the influence of alcohol or drugs, except for medications prescribed by an authorised doctor and those prescribed for drug addiction;
- Damages resulting from illegal or criminal activity;
- Damages suffered by:
- the driver of the Dott Vehicle
- the perpetrators, co-authors or accomplices in the theft of the Dott Vehicle
- passengers in the iDott Vehicle
- damage to goods and items carried by the Dott Vehicle
- damage to buildings, things or animals owned, rented or in any way entrusted to you. However, cover is provided for the liability the Insured may incur as a result of fire damage or explosion caused by the building in which the Dott Vehicle is parked.
- the Dott Vehicle
- the assets owned by you
- the civil liability that may be incurred in the performance of their duties by professionals in repairs, sales and control of electric scooters, as well as persons working in their company.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ACCIDENT INSURANCE:
- Damage caused by you with intent or gross negligence
- Damages suffered by someone other than you
- Damage aggravated by a pre-existing medical condition as a result of the driver’s negligence in his/her medical treatment
- Damages incurred when the driver is other than you
- Damages incurred when the driver is an electric scooter mechanic, agent, dealer or repairer, and monitors the proper functioning of the Dott Vehicle, as well as his/her employees during repairs, towing, inspection or sale of the Dott Vehicle.
- Damage caused during movement on a circuit or skatepark with a Dott Vehicle
- Damages that occur during events, races, contests or their trials subject to prior approval by the public authority
- Any person taking part in any of these events, competitions, contests or tests as a competitor or organiser is deemed to have met the requirements of this section unless such liability is guaranteed by insurance under the conditions required by applicable law
- Damages resulting from liability under your mandatory insurance
- Damage occurring in an accident whose origin is heart attack or epilepsy,
- Damage aggravated by failure to comply with the safety terms laid down in the Highway Code and additional decrees,
- Damage caused by being, at the time of the accident, under the influence of alcohol above the rate prescribed by the Highway Code, or under the effect of drugs not prescribed by doctors, or drugs incompatible with driving an Electric Scooter, or if you have refused to undergo tests for alcohol or drugs.
- No payment will be made if the degree of disability is less than or equal to 10%, calculated on the basis of the table drawn up by the National Association of Insurance Companies.
- damage to the head if you were not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.