Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. You’ll be joining the Product Growth team, with the mission of helping people discover Dott, try Dott, and form new habits. Truly changing the way people move around their cities for good. You’ll be focused on growing the user base, by delivering high-quality user experiences throughout the lifecycle stages (acquisition, activation, retention). You’ll be involved in enabling new markets, discovering new growth opportunities, and running many experiments, working closely with our Marketing team along the way. This role can be based in Amsterdam or Paris or fully remote (only if you are located in CET±2 time zone).
What you’ll do:
- Effectively collaborate with all stakeholders within Dott: End-user team, Internal Products team, and Data team
- Brainstorm with other teams to find solutions to support experiments we run to improve user experience
- Be a team player and participate in product discussions with the rest of the team
- Architect and develop core services to serve our fleet of e-scooters and e-bikes Build scalable and reliable infrastructure to support our growth on the European streets
- Maintain a high standard when involved in the hiring process for your team Coach and learn from your peers every day
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer working on scalable product applications2+ years on Node.js (preferably with typescript)
- Experience with Rust and Golang would be a plus
- Hands-on development skills and always try to create clean, maintainable and reusable product-quality code
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts
- Proactive and pragmatic attitude towards building solutions
- You understand the importance of on-call duties when necessary
- Excellent English language and communication skills
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn and grow throughout your position. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our growth in all of our markets. 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Flexible working environment, do you want to work from home? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.