Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. The objective of this role is to organize IT management and ensure our employees get good support for their IT needs . We're looking for an individual who is effective in organizing IT support and setting up secured tools in a fast paced environment. We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join our Software Engineer team. In this role, you will work on maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks for our business. You will collaborate with team members across all departments to assist them with their technical requirements. In this role you will help to compliment our software development teams to ensure that they are developing in a sustainable, safe, secure and intentional way. You'll help to improve our existing processes and introduce new processes as well. You'll be expected to interact with a wide range of roles - including Product Managers, Software Engineers, Legal Counsel, and Engineering Managers. Through these interactions you will help to ensure compliance with existing policies and help build strategies to improve our security posture. In this role you'll also be expected to help with external parties. This means that you'll be helping our legal team answer questions about our platform and overall security, helping with critical security audits and acting as a liaison between Engineering and greater business interests.
What You'll Do
- Review inventory of hardware and software used by employees and make appropriate changes where needed
- In collaboration with HR, define and maintain a process for new hire and departures
- Deploy a ticketing system for user demands or administration requests
- Establish a secured configuration of laptops for new employees (hardening the OS, disk encryption, install anti-virus software etc...)
- Periodic validation and enforcement of device policy on company owned hardware
- Install and configure software and computer systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business.
- Participate in business-wide meetings to provide insight into technical requirements.
What You'll Need
- Strong cloud computing experience is a must.
- Strong Communication Skills - You will be interacting with employees on a daily basis, you will need to be clear and articulate in your communication both in writing and spoken form
- Ability to be proactive - We are a relatively young company that is growing quickly. You feel capable of taking ownership without instruction, cutting through ambiguity and defining a path forward. You are someone that will take action when needed.
- You are organised - You have a strong sense of Return on Investment, meaning that you can define the priorities by promoting quick wins first and organize the remaining ones strategically in the roadmap.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve problems and see tickets through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.