Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for an iOS developer who is curious in nature, who dares to experiment with cutting-edge technologies and who’s ambitious in bringing Dott to the next level. As part of our strong mobile team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on our consumer or internal application, built on the latest stack to support business operations. You strive to create elegant architecture, clean testable code and a delightful user experience. You take the lead in discussion, challenge your peers and coach new joiners in getting up to speed and have a collaborative approach when working with your peers! You’ll have the opportunity to help create a durable, tested, performant and meaningful product. You'll be given latitude to explore the solutions that best address the problems without being micromanaged. You'll leverage your experience to help grow our product and the skills of the people on your team. In addition to your skills as an engineer, you'll gain experience in product, business and personal development. You'll have an opportunity to share your constructive feedback to help inform product development. You'll have insights into business growth and development and how we find success. You'll get regular feedback from your colleagues and manager to help your personal growth.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the Rider app to deliver the best experience to our users
- Work closely with colleagues on a cross-functional team. You'll work with Product Managers and Designers to craft a wonderful user experience
- You'll work with Backend Engineers and Android Engineers to discuss, refine and execute your work
- Work across teams with other iOS engineers to ensure consistency with architecture and code
- Continue to leverage and extend Reactive Programming throughout our UI
- Take advantage of features in the Swift language to write clean, modular code
- Support your work by writing software tests
- Create alerts to monitor the overall health of our platform and proactively resolve issues
- Ensure stability and scalability of the mobile architecture
- Participate in the hiring process for other iOS Engineers and many other roles on the product team
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience building excellent iOS applications
- You have top-notch, hands-on development skills and always create clean, maintainable and reusable product-quality code
- Excellent working knowledge of Swift
- Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and related tools
- Familiarity with Reactive Programming design patterns
- Thorough understanding of mobile architecture best practices, design patterns and user experience best practices
- Ability to execute effectively and deliver results on vague product requirements or problem definition
- A proactive mindset that prefers to take action and ownership to produce results and fix gaps in our product
- Proven experience in delivering consumer applications at scale with large audiences
- Listening skills that allow you to understand the needs and problems of users and teammates
- Communication skills that allow you to deliver your point in a helpful and constructive way
- Having the ability to effectively collaborate with your team, while learning from each other
- Excellent English language and communication skills
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 10 countries: Brussels, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Finland and 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best Engineers in the industry working on cutting edge technologies that did not exist a number of years ago. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: Flexible working environment, do you want to work fully remote? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy 🚲 🛴 Free rides in a city we are currently operating the city of Paris Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.