Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager to join our Engineering organization. We want someone who is comfortable working in close relationships with Product teams. The right candidate will possess the ability to effectively manage a backlog of issues and apply agile process management. They will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to progress in ambiguity and resolve competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done and help carry initiatives to success.
What You'll Do
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities to ensure program tasks can be completed on-time and manage constraints around resources, scope and quality
- Clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements & close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated into Epics (Features) or User Stories.
- Facilitate the gathering of technical requirements. Work closely with software engineers to collect all relevant and useful information
- Build and manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to clearly articulate business value for the user stories.
- Support and manage the planning process across initiatives for several teams
- Support, manage and improve backlog grooming
- Ensure user stories are actionable before committing and engineering to define clear implementation tasks
- Be efficient and learn how to improve estimates for initiatives over timeUse data (like ticket velocity, volume) to ensure the success of initiatives
- Manage reporting, provide transparency and communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks and change management
- Coach/mentor new teams on scrum agile processes and establish process and tools for agile execution
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager to ensure the balance between the delivery, space for engineering to nourish, and technical dept. Build up first hand experience in a rapidly evolving environment that has exposure to millions of users
- Contribute your opinions and suggestions to our overall product strategy
- Setup and own a growth model for the product you’re working on that allows you to set goals, metrics and KPI’s to work towards
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of engineering program management experience, strong technical background
- 2+ years of experience with scalable software delivery for complex problemsProgram Management or similar experience, managing portfolios of technical projects
- Clear communication skills around risks, progress, and next steps to all stakeholders
- Able to work independently to creatively solve ambiguous problems and manage scope and risk/opportunities and dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the connection between business priorities and technical solutions/options.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Effective methods for presenting complex business and technical plans to a senior leadership audience.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.