Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. You will lead all Engineering and Technology for our core teams in charge of infrastructure, and integrations. This includes all vehicle, and partner integrations, and all the relevant infrastructure in our core platform in the cloud. The team includes senior software engineers, and technical program managers. We operate multiple vehicle types and we integrate with other fleet operators. We also have various services for integrating with our partners. It’s a fascinating space at the intersection of important services. You will empower your team so that they can come up with the vision for our technology stack. You will be responsible for all subsequent execution with your team. This is technology and a people leadership position.
- Engineer manager, Dir Engineering, Sr Director Engineering
- Cloud software development
- Passion for complex systems, asynchronous communication
What you’ll do:
- Guide and direct our Platform team which is responsible for the skeleton of our infrastructure and tooling, alongside our vehicle and partner integrations. You will be responsible for coordinating the brainstorming, execution and delivery of various topics for this team.
- Help facilitate collaboration between other our other software teams (the Rider experience team, Operations team and Embedded Software team)
- You will work with a team of 6 (and growing) Senior software engineers to architect and develop a variety of services and tools to be used internally by our other software teams
- People management. You will lead Team strategy, hiring, career development and all other aspects with the support of the People & HR team.
- Technical roadmap: our systems run 24/7 with hundreds of thousands of users and city stakeholders relying on Dott. Your team is responsible for the quality and reliability of our infrastructure, and helping to ensure reliability and uptime for our most business critical services.
- Product roadmap: You will work closely with a product counterpart to set goals and directions for the teams, based on overall company Objectives & Key Results and track progress against them.
- Encourage and engage the team to explore the latest in cloud platform tooling
What you’ll need:
- Good understanding of scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure
- An understanding of how to help build scalable, performant systems in an event-driven, asynchronous architecture
- Test and deployment expertise for updating live systems
- Understanding the challenges of managing remote vehicle fleets
- Team Lead skills for a dynamic environment
- Communication skills that allow you to speak clearly to a variety of different audiences and stakeholders
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.