Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. You will lead all Engineering and Technology for our Vehicle software. This includes all embedded software, firmware, and all the relevant services in our core platform in the cloud. The team includes senior software engineers, embedded software engineers, and product managers. We operate multiple vehicle types and we integrate with other fleet operators. It’s a fascinating space at the intersection of hardware and the cloud. You will set a vision for our technology stack, the strategy to get there and all subsequent execution with your team. This is technology and a people leadership position.
What You'll Do
- Lead all Software Engineering for Vehicles at Dott, with a strong collaboration with the teams leading our Rider experience, our Operations teams, and Hardware.
- Technology: the team is highly technical, with embedded systems software engineers, firmware, and back-end software engineers. This position also supervises our connections via mobile networks. We process hundreds of thousands of connections to our vehicles every day. You will work closely with the other teams to architect and develop the best technical vehicle services exposed to the other teams.
- People Management: You will lead Team strategy, hiring, career development and all other aspects with the support of the People & HR team.
- Product roadmap: You will set goals and directions for the teams, based on overall company Objectives & Key Results and track progress against them.
- Site Ops: our systems run 24/7 with hundreds of thousands of users and city stakeholders relying on Dott. Your team is responsible for the quality and reliability of our vehicle systems.
What You'll Need
- Understanding of embedded systems and specifically IOT related challenges
- Backend implementation knowledge
- Test and deployment expertise for updating live systems
- Understanding the challenges of managing remote fleets
- Team Lead skills for a dynamic environment
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.