Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. You’ll be joining the Product Growth team, with the mission of helping people discover Dott, try Dott, and form new habits. Truly changing the way people move around their cities for good. You’ll be focused on growing the user base, by delivering high-quality user experiences throughout the lifecycle stages (acquisition, activation, retention). You’ll be involved in enabling new markets, discovering new growth opportunities, and running many experiments, working closely with our Marketing team along the way. This role can be based in Amsterdam or Paris.
What You'll Do
- Lead engineering on a cross-functional team. You'll be joining a cross-functional team with mobile engineers, backend engineers, product management, designers and data analysts. You'll work together with the Product Manager to help set the agenda for the team.
- Support and coach your direct reports. You'll be responsible for leading 1:1 conversations with your team. You'll help them to set the direction for their career growth and coach them as they mature in their roles. You'll support them when conflict arises and praise them when they do a great job
- Advance our Engineering. You'll be responsible for elevating all of the processes that contribute to engineering - testing, monitoring and alerting, overall product quality and helping to influence architectural decisions.
- Influence from a distance. You will not be coding in this role but will be directing the team to accomplish their objectives. You'll help to guide the teams in the right direction to execute our shared vision.
- Hiring. You'll be responsible for hiring the next generation of engineers for your team and for the greater Product Rider team. You'll be expected to help hire Backend, Fullstack and Mobile engineers.
What You'll Gain
- Experience in a scale-up organization. We're beyond the early days of a startup but far away from a publicly-traded company. You'll help to craft processes and procedures to help us grow. You'll have first experience growing our organization.
- Management experience. You'll be working with a team of engineers of varying levels of experience. You'll gain more experience managing a growing team of increasingly senior engineers and ensuring their personal success.
- Ability to lead a growing team - this team is expecting to double in size in the coming months - you have the skills to lead a team of up to 10 engineers.
- Multiply your business value. The work you do can have a multiplicative effect when done correctly. You'll learn how to drive greater results as a leader and not an individual contributor. You'll learn how to increase the scope of your impact.
- Opportunity to design processes that work for you. Our management team is open to suggestions about how to improve across all areas, you'll have an opportunity to enact plans that you think can benefit individuals, the team and our organization.
What You'll Need
- Experience with our tech stack. Our platform runs in Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We write our backend code in Typescript and use the NodeJS ecosystem. Our Android application is written in Kotlin, iOS application in Swift. We write gRPC APIs and heavily leverage stateless functions. You should have a firm understanding of all of the above.
- Listening skills. Leaders in our organization succeed by listening and working together, not by playing politics and abusing your title and role.
- You've had direct technical experience working as an engineer, whether for mobile applications, SaaS products, infrastructure or others. You have a high-level understanding of modern engineering practices and can move fluidly through these concepts.
- Excellent communication skills. You'll be expected to communicate across all layers - to direct reports, across to product managers, to fellow engineering managers and to leadership. You know how to speak to different audiences and how to write clearly and effectively to communicate those ideas.
- Demonstrable leadership skills that help you gain the support of your team. You lead by example, you inspire the team, you celebrate the wins and quickly call out toxic and harmful behaviour.
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn and grow throughout your position. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Flexible working environment, do you want to work from home? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.