Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. You will lead all Engineering and Technology for our Vehicle software. This includes all embedded software, firmware, and all the relevant services in our core platform in the cloud. The team includes senior software engineers, embedded software engineers, and product managers. We operate multiple vehicle types and we integrate with other fleet operators. It’s a fascinating space at the intersection of hardware and the cloud. You will set a vision for our technology stack, the strategy to get there and all subsequent execution with your team. This is technology and a people leadership position.
What You'll Do
- Lead all Software Engineering for Vehicles at Dott, with a strong collaboration with the teams leading our Rider experience, our Operations teams, and Hardware.
- Technology: the team is highly technical, with embedded systems software engineers, firmware, and back-end software engineers. This position also supervises our connections via mobile networks. We process hundreds of thousands of connections to our vehicles every day. You will work closely with the other teams to architect and develop the best technical vehicle services exposed to the other teams.
- People Management: You will lead Team strategy, hiring, career development and all other aspects with the support of the People & HR team.
- Product roadmap: You will set goals and directions for the teams, based on overall company Objectives & Key Results and track progress against them.
- Site Ops: our systems run 24/7 with hundreds of thousands of users and city stakeholders relying on Dott. Your team is responsible for the quality and reliability of our vehicle systems.
What You'll Need
- Understanding of embedded systems and specifically IOT related challenges
- Backend implementation knowledge
- Test and deployment expertise for updating live systems
- Understanding the challenges of managing remote fleets
- Team Lead skills for a dynamic environment
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.