Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for an Android developer with strong skills and great attention to detail. As part of a strong and diverse mobile team, you will have the ability to work on consumer and internal applications, built on the latest stack to support business operations. You strive to create elegant architecture, clean testable code, and a delightful user experience. You take the lead in discussion, challenge your peers, and coach new joiners in getting up to speed.
What You'll Do
- Work on the Rider app to deliver the best experience to our users
- Work on our internal Android app to help our mechanics/marshalls in servicing our vehicles
- Work closely with product and design to craft best user experience
- Define and drive development efforts on the Android stack
- Ensure stability and scalability of the mobile architecture
- Coach new joiners and peers
- Assist in hiring top talent
- Assist in on-call duties
What You'll Need
- Extensive mobile development experience
- Day to day experience with Kotlin and familiarity with Java
- Experience with Dagger
- You have top-notch, hands-on development skills and always create clean, maintainable, and reusable product-quality code;
- Deep understanding of mobile architecture, design patterns, and user experience
- High execution and ownership mindset
- Proven experience in delivering consumer applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Excellent English language and communication skills
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.