Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. Dott is hiring a Health & Safety Manager, to ensure that we keep operating at the highest industry standards and is always compliant with safety rules and regulations. You will officially become our HSE manager, and be the go-to-person regarding health and safety related topics across all countries Dott operates in. You will: - Build our H&S strategy and set the standard - Ensure full compliance of our operations, and conduct internal and external audits - Monitor the incidents, and implement processes to reduce their risk and impact The Health and Safety Manager will receive strong mandate from our COO and co-founder, who will sponsor the Health and Safety mission and provide all required support. On a day-to-day you will report the VP of sustainability & strategic development.
What you will do
- Build our H&S strategy and set the standard:
- Building and updating our H&S policy
- Defining and continuously developing our H&S standard, preparing Health and Safety documentation
- Shifting our industry towards ISO standards
- Partnering with external companies
- Ensure full compliance of our operations with the local regulations by:
- Building and maintaining a knowledge base of our obligations and ensuring our full compliance
- Define our processes to Dangerous goods and ADR compliance
- Conducting an exhaustive risk assessment across the company
- Performing internal and external audits of our warehouses to verify the safety of our installations, the presence of the safety equipment and the execution of the safety processes
- Certifying the compliance of our key suppliers to our H&S Policy
- Monitor the incidents, and implement processes to reduce their risk and impact by:
- Building health and safety metrics to identify and to reduce risk.
- Setting up processes to limit the impact of the incidents
- Training our local teams on dangers of our activity, and building a “train the trainer” program
- Following the implementation of any H&S measure, and report it at a company level
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/safety
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a HSE Manager or Director in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an multi-site manufacturing operations and multi-cultural environment
- Good knowledge of process hazard analysis, Incident Investigation, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Good knowledge of European and local (Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium…) HSE and process safety regulations
- Based in Paris or Amsterdam.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.