Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. The Central Policy Manager will join the Strategic Development team to establish Dott as the European leader in micro-mobility. This role will work together with the Public Policy Stakeholders at the European level and help strengthen Dott’s positioning in competitive tenders. You will report the VP of sustainability & strategic development and you will collaborate with several stakeholders across the leadership team. This role can be based in Paris or Amsterdam.
What you'll do
- Own our company’s public policy narratives, develop the assets supporting those narratives (position papers), and represent Dott in public policy meetings
- Consolidate relevant knowledge and key messages from (micro-) mobility research into one database, identify areas of added value for additional research
- Support to deliver a central repository of best-practices, knowledge sharing playbooks, policy position papers, thought leadership and research pieces.
- Contribute to position papers and be a sparring partner with other cross-functional colleagues on thought leadership topics
What you'll need
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience, ideally with a role in mobility research, public policy, transport planning, transport consulting or similar
- A degree in transport planning, sustainable development, human geography, political science or similar
- Affinity towards research with proven track record
- Passion to develop problem statements into research designs
- Knowledge about the mobility market, trends, public objectives and competition dynamics
- Excellent presentation and organizational skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and another European language is a plus,
- Excellent personal time- and prioritisation-management skills
- Creative, dynamic and able to think outside the box
- Thrive in a fast- and project-based environment
- Eagerness and enjoyment working on projects that cover a wide spectrum of policy-related topics
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment and in multiple teams simultaneously.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.