Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to thoughtfully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability, improving city life in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott compromises a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As a Business Strategy Manager you will be a key part of our Strategy & Pricing team. Your work will shape Dott’s strategy from market expansion to performance management to long-term hardware choices. We are looking for a data-driven leader with a strong bias for action and a holistic understanding of business. You are comfortable with a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and have a track record of delivering on strategic projects. You will work directly with our key leadership team, including CEO, CFO, CPO, Head of Operations, Head of Corporate Strategy and country’s General Managers. You will report directly to the Head of Strategy & Pricing and will be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
What you’ll do
- Identify research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for complex business strategy projects;
- Drive strategic regional and global projects across multiple teams, stakeholders and geographies;
- Identify & evaluate growth opportunities;
- Facilitate optimal investments allocation across our markets of operations;
- Ensure the right KPIs are in place and aligned with company strategy;
- Facilitate decision-making for senior management.
Among other projects you will work on:
- Market modelling - Which markets have a highest revenue potential? Which ones have better seasonality? Will there be a window of opportunity for market entry due to a changing regulatory environment?
- Competitive research - How do we compare to our competitors? Is our hardware giving us a competitive advantage? Whose monetisation model is more appealing for riders and profitable for business? Who has a better market portfolio?
- Sales & Operations planning - How much revenue are we going to generate in our core and expansion markets? How our costs would drive Unit Economics development?
- Scenario planning - What our hardware portfolio should look like market by market? Should we invest in eBikes or eScooters?
- Management of the OKR system - How to align all teams to reach Dott’s strategic objectives?
What you'll need
- 5+ years experience in Strategy or S&OP in high-growth companies or top-tier strategy consulting firms;
- Showcase a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to get your hands dirty;
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple sources of information (quantitative and qualitative) to solve complex problems in a structured, data-driven way
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously;
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to manage expectations and plan efficiently and effectively;
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint) and influencing skills
- Demonstrate proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment;
- Fluent English required with additional European languages as a plus;
- Flexible position but open to travel to Amsterdam and our markets (up to 20%)
- Be based in Europe or willingness to relocate to Amsterdam
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.