Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for an experienced User Researcher to join the User Research Team. You’ll be running your own studies within multidisciplinary teams, helping them make decisions rooted in a deep understanding of users and their needs. Your work will include designing and participating in a range of research activities and methods, and communicating actionable insights to the rest of the company. You’ll be working with other researchers and user-centered disciplines on both digital and physical products.
What you'll do:
- Design (mostly qualitative) research studies to answer questions about users’ behavior, needs, and expectations.
- Contribute with screening and recruiting participants.
- Perform research activities both independently and with other researchers
- Participate in the analysis and synthesis of research data and findings.
- Communicate research findings to stakeholders and the company at large through written reports and presentations.
- Help improve how the research team organizes, performs research and communicates results.
- Evangelize user-centered approaches to the rest of the company.
What you'll need:
- A kind, empathetic, and generous personality.
- An unquenchable thirst for knowledge. You are much more interested in finding truth than in being right.
- Passion about your work and a natural inclination to teaching and educating others about it.
- Working knowledge of inclusive research.
- 3+ years experience in user research.
- Familiarity with a wide range of user research methods: Usability tests, surveys, interviews, diary studies…
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Experience/affinity with the transport or mobility industries is a plus
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.