Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. We are looking to add a product designer to our new Paris growth team. You’ll be responsible for designing products that will impact the lives of millions of people in European cities, this is an excellent opportunity for a Product Designer that is looking to join an early stage company and work on a fast-growing consumer brand.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a top notch team of engineers, designers and product managers to ship product.
- Translate insights from user testing, data and market developments into new products and features.
- Design workflows and detailed interactions to realise these ideas.
- Create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs and prototypes. You’ve done this on multiple platforms and know how to be speedy and resourceful while doing so.
- Performing AB testing
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the design world.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Build up first hand experience in a high-paced ship-it environment that gets the stuff you work on in front of millions of users.
What you’ll need:
- You understand the craft of building something great.
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Experience in validating experiments for business growth
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Your portfolio shows examples of inspiring projects that tackle design problems.
- We don’t care too much about your previous job title. What matters is that you’re a skilled designer. Either with a focus on UX or UI.
- Shipping product is what you do. You’ve been to numerous release cycles and understand what is required to get a finished product out of the door, knowing how to motivate engineers to add the last polish to make it pop ;).
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Background working on A/B tests, looking at data and analytics, to understand how the design is affecting the customer experience and the business.
- You have an appreciation for the entire product development process, from gathering customer insights, turning those into product improvements and working with the engineers to get them implemented.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
- You know your way around the right tools to help you out: Sketch, Figma, Invision, UXPin or other relevant design tools.
- Cross platform experience. You know what works well on desktop and what doesn’t. The last few years you’ve been mostly focussed on iOS and Android and, based on the design guidelines, you know why you would go with one solution on iOS and another on Android.
- Clear communication style. You’re able to clearly communicate your ideas and designs to others, explaining and backing up your design decisions with a clear rationale.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.