Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for someone to join our Payment Operations team with a focus on understanding and preventing fraud at a large scale (several million transactions per month), executing against our acceptance, cost, and risk targets. You will be playing a key role in protecting Dott against the risk and costs of fraudulent payments and Chargebacks, while ensuring that we maintain a frictionless experience for our users. You can expect to collaborate broadly within Dott, including with product managers, engineers, data analysts, data scientists as well as our Community Operations and Finance teams.
What you'll do:
- You will review blocked and fraudulent payments against a variety of internal and external data to ensure that Dott's genuine users are able to pay and fraudulent users are blocked.
- You will be the point of contact for any fraud related queries or escalations made by other teams. You handle payment disputes and prepare supporting documentation for submission to payment schemes, if appropriate.
- You are in charge of spotting and analysing fraud patterns, trends across transactions and users, and to recommend actions (e.g. adjusting fraud rules, setting up A/B tests and experiments to understand their effectiveness).
- You contribute to further defining and developing our approach to preventing fraud and drive implementation of analytics or technology where needed.
- You prepare regular reports on fraud/risk and share these with the rest of the team and Dott.
What you'll need:
- Master or Bachelor/s Degree - background in business analytics, IT, mathematics, science, or social sciences (with a robust quantitative component).
- Hands-on attitude: you should be happy to get your hands dirty, dig into details of a case and manually solve issues. You're excited by the opportunity to be part of building structure and processes, but can also deal with ambiguity and changes.
- Data driven: You want to confirm your intuition with data, and are motivated to look for and identify patterns to address the underlying issue. You'll likely be comfortable with numbers and have good analytical skills (experience with SQL is a big plus).
- Curiosity and proactiveness: You like to understand the why behind something you see. You think about how you and the team can simplify and improve, and you come up with process and product ideas.
- Confident communicator: you are happy to synthesise and present your insight and ideas to others, linking the data to the behaviour of both fraudsters and genuine users.
- Bonus points: great if you have experience in e-commerce, payments or fraud prevention, but not a must-have.
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn and grow throughout your position. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our growth in all of our markets. 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Flexible working environment, do you want to work from home? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.