Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for a Copywriter with a passion for improving user experience through simple, clear, and authentic language that speaks to customers. You’re someone who can contribute to the copy user experience in our rider app, website and brand marketing initiatives across Europe, as well as support teams throughout the business in their copy needs. Sound like you? Read on. You’ll work closely with our Lead Copywriter on UX copy and Brand Marketing campaigns, as well as on various copy projects for Operations, Community Ops and more with our Associate Copywriter. You’ll ensure our tone of voice and branding are evident in all English copy, and support the team in project managing the translation and localization of these assets. You will also collaborate daily with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers and Marketing Managers to iterate on copy that fits each initiative and delivers a user experience that’s just right.
What you'll do
- Write and proofread clear and quality copy that is on time for product releases and/or marketing launches.
- Work closely with our Lead Copywriter, Product & Marketing Managers and Engineers to create, iterate on and refine product content for web and mobile. This will include in-app messaging and new UX flows, tender copy, email marketing, blogs, FAQs, social media and more.
- Manage translation and localization processes for our European languages with our dedicated translators.
- Work on parts of larger central campaigns alongside our Lead Copywriter, Product/Brand Designers and Marketers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to maintain a consistent Dott tone of voice and branding within your work, as well as acting as a brand guardian for our tone of voice throughout others’ work.
- Have a very strong eye for detail, consistency and accuracy in all deliverables to always set the bar high in Dott’s copy strategy. Proactively communicate your copy decisions to teammates.
- Own content strategy and projects through every stage of production to implementation and be confident in presenting work to key stakeholders in HQ and local markets.
- Open to feedback and growth and always striving to document and share process, workflow, feedback history, and decisions clearly with teams.
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of professional experience writing, editing, and creating content for web and mobile
- Native English speaker and previous copywriting experience in English is essential
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality and speed are must-haves – you’re able think on your feet and always deliver quality assets
- Resilient, motivated, and passionate about content strategy – you live and breathe the written word
- Outstanding grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong communication skills across remotely distributed teams and partners
- Experience collaborating with UX and/or Product/Brand Design
- Familiarity with design/copy tools like Figma, translation management tooling, etc.
- Fluency in another European language or a love of languages is a big plus
- Previous experience in localization processes to assure on-time translations is a plus
- A design eye or experience in a branding environment
- Experience in longer form copywriting (e.g. blogs, website features, landing pages, etc.)
- Your ability to create engaging content
- Work across multiple content mediums and tones of voice
- Strong content strategy skills
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.