Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. Dott is looking for an Operations manager to build the operational footprint for Dott in Belgium. The Operations manager will be responsible for the success in the market, developing a local team and making strategic decisions. You will report to the regional operations manager and will work closely with city marketing managers and with central teams. Your presence will be required in our Warehouses located in brussels as well as well as our present and future markets (Liege, Namur and Charleroi).
What you'll do
- Set up operations from scratch in new cities across the Belgium;
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, drivers and warehouse workers)
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat;
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city;
- Take full ownership of your markets P&L;
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise the time scooters are available to users / number of trips;
- Build a service that is liked by users and non-users alike;
- Represent the company at local and regional events;
- Work with city municipalities and local authorities;
- Understand the competitive gaps within Belgium and prioritize opportunities for expansion;
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets.
What you'll do
- 4+ years of experience in logistics, operations management or consulting. Start-up experience is a plus!
- Fluent in Dutch & English.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat.
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshalls and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills required.
- Based in Brussels, with willingness to travel
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.