Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. Dott is looking for a General Manager (GM) for the Norwegian market. The GM will be directly responsible for success in the given market and will be empowered to make both strategic and tactical decisions. GMs will be responsible for creating and developing the local team. Given the asset-heavy nature of our business, GMs will be expected to adapt our operational model to local environment. This job is located in Oslo and you will report into the COO.
What you'll do:
- Build and lead an exceptional operational team. Leverage your network and support from HQ to find the best talent and let them grow.
- Dive deep into operational details and make sure we're making everything in our power to offer best in class availability of our vehicles.
- Take full ownership of your country P&L. Use the available levers to balance growth and profitability.
- Work directly with HQ in Amsterdam to create a product (both hardware and software) that will serve your city needs best.
- Represent the company at local and regional events and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience in retail, fast-food, logistics, operations management.
- Leading operations/logistics or e-commerce, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and achieving benchmark operational goals
- Entrepreneurship mentality. You will be empowered to make decisions and made accountable for the results.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You'll lead a diverse team, spread out across several cities. Make sure projects are delivered on time and that the team shares the vision.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- Analytical Thinking. Data-driven mentality and strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.