Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Fleet Operations Manager to develop our operations teams in Turin and Milan. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. You will report directly to the City Manager and will build and coordinate the fleet team.
What you'll do
- Structure and lead a large team of drivers and patrollers operating on different shifts 7 days a week.
- Provide tools and methodology to team leaders (your direct reports) so that they can manage growing teams limiting the turnover and achieve targets on a daily basis
- Manage scooters and e-bikes fleet and ensure core KPIs (availability, cost per ride …) are hit as you are responsible for key parts of the P&L
- Analyse scooter/e-bike usage and demand patterns to optimize the fleet positioning
- Continuous improvement of our fleet strategy, conduct A/B testing of deployment zones and points
- Be the first point of contact for city officials and emergency forces;
- Work together with Data, product and Central teams to improve tools and processes
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business
What you'll need
- Experience in management (retail, operations management, stores …)
- Ability to manage direct reports and large teams
- Analytical skills. You enjoy solving problems concerning vehicle utilization and operational efficiency. You can justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results
- Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat
- Be hands on. Work directly with your staff on the ground
- Entrepreneurship mentality
- Good level of English (especially written)
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best Engineers in the industry working on cutting edge technologies that did not exist a number of years ago. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: Flexible working environment, do you want to work fully remote? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.