Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. Dott is looking for an Expansion Operations manager to build the operational footprint for Dott in Germany. This person will be responsible for the success in the market, developing a local team and making strategic decisions. You will report to the regional operations manager and will work closely with city marketing managers and with central teams.
What you'll do
- Explore and investigate new city launches opportunities across Germany
- Be a true leader to a diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, drivers and warehouse workers)
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise the time scooters are available to users / number of trips
- Build a service that is liked by users and non-users alike
- Represent the company at local and regional events
- Work with city municipalities and local authorities
- Understand the competitive gaps within Germany and prioritize opportunities for expansion
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets
- Represent Dott at public policy related local events
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience in logistics, operations management or consulting. Start-up experience is a plus!
- Fluent in German & English
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat.
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results.
- A vision and passion for green mobility
- Demonstrate proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground
- Strong analytical/Excel skills required
- Based in Köln, with willingness to travel
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.