Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for a City Manager to strengthen the operations and public affairs of Dott in Bordeaux. The City Manager will report to the General Manager South of France and will work closely with our French teams.
What you'll do:
- Analyse the current situation, test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat
- Work hand in hand with the General Manager to translate your ideas into changes that will allow you to better serve your city
- Build a service that is loved by users and non-users alike
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets
- Own the P&L for Bordeaux
- Maximise the time scooters are available to users and the number of trips
- Ensure that Dott is visible and a known operator in a highly competitive environment
- Create and set-up new events to increase visibility, user acquisition and user safety
- Nurture local press conferences and talking points
- Build strong relationships with local partners and companies
- Support the team on tender management with the city hall
- Create strong relationships with the municipalities
What you'll need:
- Fluent in English & French
- A lot of autonomy
- Be open, proactive and maintain a positive attitude
- Great communication skills, able to adapt your tone and style to the audience
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for your teams
- Strong analytical & Excel skills required
The role will initially begin as a fixed term (CDD) contract with extension as we grow our offering in the region. What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.