Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. Dott is looking for an Area Manager to build the operational footprint in Oslo. The Area Manager will be responsible for the success of the market, developing a local team and making strategic decisions. Area Manager reports to the Country General Manager and will work closely with marketing and central teams.
What you'll do
- Set up operations from scratch within Norway
- Write the playbook on standard operation procedures in your city
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, drivers and warehouse workers)
- Take full ownership of your markets P&L;
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise time vehicles are available to users / number of trips;
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat.
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city
- Build a service that is liked by users and non-users alike.
- Represent the company at local and regional events;
- Understand the competitive gaps within the Finland and prioritize opportunities;
What you'll need
- 4-6 years of experience in logistics, operations management, investment banking or consulting. Start-up experience is a plus
- Fluent in English & Norwegian
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat
- Data based decision-making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground and be a true leader
- Strong analytical/Excel skills required. SQL proficiency a big plus
- Be based in Oslo with a willingness to travel
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.