Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial City Manager to build the operational footprint for Dott in cities in the east of the Netherlands. You’ll apply your local knowledge and work with our central and Dutch operations teams to build a shared e-bike service that is loved by users and non-users alike. We’re setting up from scratch in The Netherlands so you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of tactical and strategic problems as we go on this exciting journey together. Specifically you will work closely with the General Manager, Netherlands and partner with City Marketing and our central operations team.
What you'll do
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, drivers and warehouse workers)
- Recruit & train your team members to ensure the best performance and spirit
- Monitor working hours and validate team schedules
- Ensure that the teams have all the necessary tools at their disposal and carry out the appropriate corrective actions
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your operating model and repeat. Follow your P&L.
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes that'll allow you to better serve your city.
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets.
- Own maintenance and operations processes and cost. Maximise the time our vehicles are available to users / number of trips;
- Represent the company at local and regional events;
- Understand the competitive gaps within your cities and prioritize opportunities;
- Be the point of contact for all municipality topics related to your market
What you'll need
- Fluent in Dutch & English
- Experience in logistics, operations management, (shared) mobilityor consulting. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat
- Passionate about improving our cities
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings. The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results
- Be hands-on and lead by example. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshals and mechanics
- Strong analytical/Excel skills
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best Engineers in the industry working on cutting edge technologies that did not exist a number of years ago. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: Flexible working environment, do you want to work fully remote? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.