Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As our Legal Counsel - Product and Commercial, you will work closely with Dott’s Product and Marketing teams to ensure Dott’s customer offerings are compliant with all laws and regulations in countries where Dott offers its services. You will also support the business with key commercial agreements with Dott’s partners and suppliers. You will work autonomously acting as a sparring partner to various departments and report directly to the VP of Legal. The role can be based in London, Paris or Amsterdam.
What you'll do
- Provide guidance and support on consumer protection laws, advertising and marketing laws, privacy and safety laws and regulations in all countries where Dott offers its services.
- Work closely with Dott’s product, marketing and customer support teams as well as Dott’s DPO to ensure Dott can launch new features and initiatives in both a speedy and compliant manner.
- Work with local external counsel to ensure Dott’s user terms are up to date and compliant with local laws in every country where Dott operates.
- Work closely with Dott’s business development team and local GMs to draft and negotiate agreements with Dott’s business partners such as API license agreements, co-operation agreements and commercial partnership agreements.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with Dott’s suppliers and service providers who deliver business critical products and services to Dott’s operations.
What you'll need
- Admitted as an attorney in at least one European jurisdiction with a minimum of 6+ years relevant working experience (comprising both in-house and law firm)
- Expertise in both consumer laws and general commercial law
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Basic understanding of GDPR
- Good sense of humour
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
- Experience working in both B2B and B2C environments and mobile applications is an advantage
- Be based in London, Paris or Amsterdam
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.