Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for a Legal counsel to join our growing Legal team. You will play a key role in organizing our corporate structure and negotiating commercial contracts. You will report directly to the Legal counsel, and will be located in the Amsterdam headquarters.
What you'll do
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal agreements with a focus on commercial and corporate contracts.
- Manage corporate housekeeping for all legal entities in Europe. You draft and review corporate documents (resolutions, powers of attorney) and coordinate with external counsel and notary.
- Assess and advice on legal risks, propose constructive solutions and challenge business decisions from a legal perspective.
- Advise and update internal stakeholders on laws and regulations which impact Dott’s business.
- Work with the legal team to address opportunities for contract, policy and process improvements, including leading the company’s CLM project.
- Support the legal counsel and the VP of Legal in their day to day activities.
What you'll need
- Admitted as an attorney in at least one European jurisdiction, preferably the Netherlands
- 4 years relevant working experience (comprising both in-house and law firm)
- Expertise in both corporate laws and general commercial law
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Good sense of humour
- Basic understanding of data protection (including GDPR) and consumer laws is a plus
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other European language. Being fluent in Italian, German or Polish is a plus
- Excellent business judgement, interpretation and communication skills
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.