Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As our Dott’s Data Protection Officer, you will supervise Dott’s compliance with all data protection laws and regulations across all countries Dott operates in. You will work autonomously acting as a sparring partner to various departments and report directly to the VP of Legal. The role will be located in our Amsterdam headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Keeping up to date with all applicable laws and regulations relating to data protection (including GDPR);
- Providing ad hoc advice on all privacy matters to all business functions including product, engineering, data, HR and operations teams;
- Developing and maintaining Dott’s privacy policies and procedures;
- Proactively identify and mitigate potential privacy related risks;
- Supporting Dott with all data protection related responses to tenders;
- Provide data protection training to the company and promote awareness;
- Conduct Data Privacy Impact Assessments and security assessments on third parties;
- Template creation and negotiation of contracts with third parties such as NDAs, data sharing agreements and data processing agreements;
- Maintaining Dott’s record of processing activities;
- Managing all communications with Supervisory Authorities.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant working experience in data protection
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- CIPP/E or CIPM
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to tailor advice to different stakeholders in different business functions
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
- Prior experience at a start-up strongly preferred
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn and grow throughout your position. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our growth in all of our markets. 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Flexible working environment, do you want to work from home? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.