Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer with experience producing complex electromechanical products . You have a genuine passion for technology and the future of transportation though micro mobility. You will be responsible for managing the manufacturing of electrical micro mobility vehicles such as e-scooters and e-bikes. For this role you should have a proven track record in bringing products to production through the whole product lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Support new product development ensuring that vehicle components are designed for manufacturing and easy to assemble
- You will influence the design process making sure that the procedures and processes are balanced between technical performance, quality and costs
- Manage the contract manufacturer and ensure the reliability of the manufacturing line
- Prepare manufacturing processes and definition of the assembly line and sequence together with the contract manufacturer
- Create processes for monitoring and reporting the performance, quality and efficiency of the line
- Lead production risk identification including PFMEA
- Responsible for mechanical fixtures design for manufacturing
- Support on PLM implementation from a manufacturing perspective
- Support the selection of manufacturing equipment with feedback from our contract manufacturer
- Support on hands-on work for manufacturing prototypes
- Support on tooling validations from suppliers
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing-, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experience in the manufacturing of complex projects (bike industry is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Extensive knowledge of both prototyping and mass serial production
- Extensive knowledge on manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping etc
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Statistical Process control (SPC
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools (for tooling design)
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Experience with GD&T
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best Engineers in the industry working on cutting edge technologies that did not exist a number of years ago. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: Flexible working environment, do you want to work fully remote? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.