Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for a Sr. hardware engineer that will take accountability of the electrical and electronics solutions for our ebikes, escooters and future projects. You will be based in Amsterdam
What you'll do
- You will be accountable for designing electric/electronic circuits on our vehicle programs. This includes the creation and review of schematics, lead PCB layouts and design for thermals and EMC
- Develop system-level requirements and component-level specifications for electric/electronic components;
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to achieve integrated and optimized system designs
- Communicate with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering related activities
- Create component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods (with component/system supplier)
- Carry out component and system validation while ensuring system targets are met and optimized
- Support prototype builds as well as volume production startup
- Work on high volume PCB assembly design, validation and compliance
- Aid in the design of electrical verification testers and end-of-line testers
What you'll need
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in electrical hardware design and development (Motor controller experience is a big plus)
- Experience with multiple full product development cycles from concept to market introduction
- Design experience with both analog and digital circuits, and the ability to lead schematic and PCB design
- You excel in Altium designer
- Experience with defining product validation plans is a plus
- Experience in working with a cross-functional environment, with close relation to other engineering teams (mechanical, software etc)
- Technical writing and fluency in English
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.