Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. At Dott we care for our planet and work smart: we deliver efficient solutions and aim for high quality, durable products. A large part of the success of our products depends on the materials and services we source from suppliers all over the world. As the first Procurement professional at Dott you're committed to establish a robust framework for all sourcing and buying activities. You will drive and execute all procurement activities, from sourcing through selection to buying for these strategic projects. Your expertise is recognized and enables you to take the lead in projects from a Procurement perspective. You are dedicated to making any new product introduction a success by leveraging your supplier management skills. The product life cycle doesn’t stop at the start of production, and therefore you keep striving for continuous improvement with any of our key suppliers until end of life. One of your main goals is to develop a clear procurement strategy. You have the drive and ability to scale and professionalize our procurement function with the growth of our company. You are able to demonstrate the return on investment of the function and you’re eager to build a small team of specialists to increase the ROI.
What You'll Do
- Procurement strategy
- Developing and deploying the procurement strategy
- Implement a strategic sourcing plan
- Hardware Project procurement
- Together with the project stakeholders you initiate and analyse RFP / RFI / RFQ’s.
- Negotiate and maintain contracts, prices, delivery terms, and other relevant conditions.
- Participation on process design and validation (PFMEA, PPAP), supplier auditsMaintain supplier, price and commercial product master data
- Hand over new suppliers to the supply chain planners and coordinators.
- Project buying activities (samples, prototypes, tooling, etc)
- Supplier Management
- Establish and implement supplier performance metrics (i.e. QCD)
- Supplier performance management: execute supplier reviews, identify gaps, initiate improvements, develop mitigation and contingency measures.
- Support resolution of (commercial) issues, together with Quality & Supply Chain teams (corrective and preventive actions)
- Process Improvement
- Establish procurement processes for sourcing, tendering, purchasing and benchmarking
- Produce key performance indicators (KPI) and report on actions to meet our main targets
- Select, implement and manage procurement tools for contract management, purchase to pay.
- Actively participate and contribute to ERP and PLM/PDM systems projects and improvements.
- Provide continuous improvement actions and organize improvement workshops with suppliers and Dott teams.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in a similar procurement role such as purchasing manager, sourcing specialist, (strategic) buyer.
- You have experience in automotive, bicycle or other manufacturing or assembly companies.
- You are able to read contracts, and understand the main contractual terms.
- You have great communication abilities that range from drafting accurate minutes of meetings to communicating to all levels within the suppliers organizations.
- You have strong negotiation and project management skills. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- A certification such as CIPS, CPSM or NEVI II is considered a bonus.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.