Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. The Production Manager will be responsible for leading our Portuguese team in the production and manufacturing of our vehicles (e-scooter & e-bike). You will take the lead to coordinate and work with suppliers in Portugal to ensure the high quality of the vehicles. Actively looking and cooperating with the Hardware team in Amsterdam to improve the vehicles and overall manufacturing process to make it more efficient for Dott.
What you'll do:
- Recruit & lead our hardware in Portugal.
- Supporting and leading sourcing efforts to find the best suppliers in Portugal to fulfill vehicle development & manufacturing needs
- Responsible for negotiating best terms with suppliers
- Industrialize new Dott vehicles (ebikes & escooters) with our Portuguese manufacturing partners (assembly + parts)
- Plan & ensure manufacturing Dott orders are fulfilled on time
- Setup and coordinate quality control at our manufacturing suppliers
- Supporting the HW team based in Amsterdam on development and quality issues
- Propose ideas to further improve design of our vehicles
What You'll Need:
- A degree in engineering or similar field
- 10 Years+ experience in consumer product manufacturing, preferably in the bike industry
- Familiar with different production techniques for both mechanical and electrical products.
- Experience leading a team in the quality or engineering field
- Analytical mind: ability to root cause issue & structure plans
- Communication skills: ability to negotiate, motivate and manage suppliers and support the team
- Fully proficient in English and Portuguese
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.