Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As a Product Support Electrical Engineer you will support our active fleet of vehicles with your expertise. In this role, you will be the lead person for all electronics & firmware related issues for our fleet across Europe, helping our operations team diagnose issues, defining standard repair methodologies, root causing systemic issues and working out long-term solutions with our development teams. You will also create new hardware and software tools to help the operations team better diagnose field issues.
What you'll do
- Support launching of new vehicles from electronics and firmware standpoint
- Root cause analysis on main electronic and firmware issues in the field
- Visiting our warehouses for support and training of lead mechanics
- Define corrective action plans and coordinate resolution with related development teams
- Create tools and SOPs for our mechanical teams to diagnose failures related to electronics/firmware
- Define SOPs for all key repairs related to electronics
- Train lead mechanics on key repairs
- Support firmware updates for existing fleet
- Provide input to product managers to improve design of new vehicles
- Document and share process, workflow and decisions clearly with stakeholders
What you'll need:
- Experience in electrical and firmware engineering
- Reading schematics and code
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn and correct
- Ability to assess risks
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality and speed
- Familiar with the use of basic electronic lab equipment like multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering stations
- Multi tasking and organizing own work in rapid changing environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a similar position, maintaining and supporting the engineering needs of a ‘connected’ fleet
- Experience with PCBA design tools (schematic and layout)
- Embedded programming experience
- Brought certain products to market and dealt with related issues
- Affinity for bikes, scooters, electric vehicles, and micro mobility
- Hands-on experience with electric vehicle components (e.g. batteries, motors, LED’s, GNSS solutions etc.)
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.