Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for a new Product Manager to join Dott. In this role you will be managing new micro-mobility vehicle developments (ebikes, escooters, …) from defining initial requirements to production. Dott vehicles are key in creating the best user experience (comfortable, safe, easy to use, …), driving high operational efficiency (repairability, recharging, fleet remote management,…) and reducing our carbon footprint to the minimum (durability). The Product manager will be based in Amsterdam and report to the head of vehicle experience.
What You'll Do
- Define vehicle requirements, leveraging inputs from users, operations, city councils, homologation requirements, engineering requirements, and sustainability company goals.
- Collaborate with industrial designers to develop initial vehicle concepts and designs, choosing the design concept that matches best the requirements.
- Drive technical development of the vehicle, coordinating with all technical teams across the company (mechanical, electrical, IOT, software, …), ensuring the vehicle keeps matching requirements at each stage of the process
- Organize the gate process at each stage of the development, ensuring full backing of stakeholders to proceed further each time.
- Coordinate assembly and testing of prototypes.
- Review product specifications post vehicle launch and improve design according to learnings on user experience and our operations team feedback.
- Proactively search and keep up to date about all technological and functional innovation in the field to possibly incorporate in future vehicle designs.
What You'll Need
- Track record of successfully conceiving and delivering hardware products
- Deep understanding of manufacturing and development processes.
- Focused on user experience
- Great communication skills (oral + writing)
- Ability to formalize product requirements, with a sense of details
- Ability to structure and coordinate the work of hardware project teams
- A proactive, energetic personality with the ability to prioritise & multi-task autonomously.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.