Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As the Procurement Manager at Dott you're committed to establishing a robust strategy for all sourcing and buying activities. Your expertise is recognized and enables you to take the lead in projects from a Procurement perspective. You are dedicated to making any new product introduction a success by leveraging your supplier management skills. The product life cycle doesn’t stop at the start of production, and therefore you keep striving for continuous improvement with any of our key suppliers until end of life. One of your main goals is to develop a clear procurement strategy. You have the drive and ability to scale and professionalize our procurement function with the growth of our company. You are able to demonstrate the return on investment (ROI) of the function and you’re eager to build a small team of specialists to increase that ROI.
What you'll do
- Hold overall accountability for the procurement strategy and responsible for the Bill of Material costs across all the vehicle platforms
- Create and implement the purchasing vision including policies and processes to improve the business performance
- Creation and management of short, mid and long term goals and objectives in the procurement department
- Accountable for the selection of procurement systems
- Develop and align the sourcing strategy to the product development process
- Develop RFP/RFI, RFQ and supplier selection processes across the company
- Ensures early involvement of suppliers for high risk components
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Ensure proper standardisation of documents required per commodity (PPAP, FAI etc)
- Ensure smooth ramp-up and launch at supplier side
- Deploy a strategy for supplier rating
- Develop strategies to support Dott’s growth, increasing margin and reducing costs
- Supports standardisation of contracts and negotiations with suppliers
- Supports the decision making process on supplier selection based on geographical area (taking in account quality and cost)
- Develop and maintain strategic and strong relationship with suppliers and production lines (contract manufacturers)
- Negotiate pricing, production capacity, payment and additional commercial terms with suppliers
- Assess risk factors & market situation (geo-political, currency etc) and identification of opportunities
- Provide leadership to the procurement team. You will act as a coach, mentor and will develop your direct reports
- Set-up objectives and monitor the performance of your team.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to fit our company
What you'll need
- University degree (preferably Masters) in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline
- Experience in managing a procurement function and team
- You have experience in automotive, bicycle or other complex manufacturing companies
- Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- You master high level strategic negotiations
- Experience in influencing and operating at a strategic level
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive/bicycle processes and components
- A certification such as CIPS, CPSM or NEVI II is considered a bonus
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.