Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for our Head of Vehicle Quality to join Dott, and play a vital role in establishing the highest quality standards in our industry. The Head of Vehicle Quality will create and lead the quality function across all our product lines. You will be based in Amsterdam and report to the head of Hardware and Supply Chain.
What you'll do
- Set-up, own and execute the “quality” function for Dott across all our product lines (eScooters, eBikes …)
- Independently execute and lead all projects focused on supplier quality, TQM & customer quality
- Recruit, manage and lead quality management team (across Europe and Asia)
- Work hand in hand with the hardware team & operational teams in each performing market to identify strategic improvement opportunities
- Develop, implement and manage Quality auditing of suppliers; setting the foundation for development activities and ongoing performance monitoring
- Implement and manage Supplier Quality Agreements (control plans, Supplier Quality Manual…)
- Lead all product approval activities (PPAP) and implement advanced SQ planning methodology such as APQP, PFMEA ...
- Manage claims via 8D process and manage supplier processes to drive down warranty costs
- Take ownership of company-wide pro
- Progressively implement Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 across the organisation (focusing on H&S in the short term)
- 8D monitoring & system creation/management
- Drive continuous improvement, compliance & homologation
- Develop and implement risk management methodology within the organisation, with a focus on Hardware
- Capture & analyze failure rates by type across markets
- Drive product and process improvement initiatives, take ownership of problem resolution
- Define and monitor repair processes, implement rework and inspection as needed
What you'll need
- 6 + years experience in quality management
- Automotive industry and start-up experience is a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a big plus
- Qualification in Engineering or Quality Management
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to manage expectations;
- A builder; able to lead a Quality function and build the foundations of the future function
- Great team player
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.