Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards.
What you'll do
- Design and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating problems on the field.
- Manage incoming issues from Operations to correctly define initial actions/containment. You will be the first point of contact for Operations into the Hardware team.
- Define Key Quality Metrics and utilize statistical analysis to present a clear picture of the different product states in the field.
- Lead Early Field Failure Analysis (EFFA) process and coordinate improvement actions between Hardware Engineering and Operations.
- You will be accountable to structure information for root cause analysis, utilizing professional quality tools.
- Recommend and implement process/design improvements related to the quality of the vehicles.
- Define the data to be collected by the business, and how, in order to perform analyses and identify cost-saving opportunities through reduction of workload in Ops & general vehicle improvements.
- Travel to different markets and understand issues on the field and define preventive actions.
- Working from the analysis above, identify (against cost-benefit) hardware improvement items & collaborate with the Hardware team to realise these.
- Own the 8D management system, coordinating and driving progress between hardware and Ops; always looking to improve/reduce timelines.
What you'll need
- Academic degree with a relevant engineering background;
- 5+ years in a quality role (field quality is a plus)
- Experience using the 7QC’s (Tools of quality)
- A critical thinker with a problem solving mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- It would be a plus if you have a Six Sigma certification (Lean-, classic- or Design for Six Sigma).
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.