Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As an Electronics & Firmware Test Engineer you will support our in house development team with your expertise. You will test, validate and document the latest Electronics and IOT solutions for our vehicles across Europe. Your goals will be to outperform the market, in particular maximizing durability and eliminating potential design errors and bugs in the field (both hard- and firmware related) together with the development teams.
What you'll do:
- Validate design requirements/specs and help the development team with implementing the best solutions (both hardware and firmware) based on test results
- Development testing, find issues during development of new products before they reach any production steps
- Coordinate tests with external partners and teams
- Drive technological advancement in all products based on durability experience
- Root cause analysis on electronic and firmware issues in the field
- Creating own test and automation equipment for automated hardware testing
- End to end testing, work extensively with different teams out of your domain
- In case of cooperation with third parties, work together to maximize the quality of the product
- Provide input to product managers to improve design and quality of new vehicles
- Document and share process, workflow and decisions clearly with stakeholders
What you'll need:
- Experience in electrical and firmware engineering
- Reading schematics and code
- Ability to assess risks
- Strong analytical skills to solve challenging problems
- Attention to detail, accuracy, quality and speed
- Familiar with the use of basic electronic lab equipment like multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering stations
- Multi tasking and self organizing in a rapid changing environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn and correct
Bonus points for:
- A showcase of extracurricular projects or hobbies (e.g. engineering student teams, vehicle projects, robotics, hackathons, etc.)
- Experience with PCBA design tools (schematic and layout)
- Embedded programming experience
- Affinity for bikes, scooters, electric vehicles, and micro mobility
- Hands-on experience with electric vehicle components (e.g. batteries, motors, LED’s, etc.)
- The ability to tackle open design and engineering projects
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.