Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our team!
What You'll Do
- Aid in the development of our e-scooter and e-bike electrical systems
- Develop requirements & review designs for critical components
- Carry out the design & bring-up of electrical projects
- Develop validation code and guide firmware engineers on embedded system designs
- Work with suppliers to develop and bring new electrical components into production
- Diagnose and fix electrical issues that come up during production and in the field
- Assist project managers, supply chain, and operations with engineering decisions
- Making sure all electrical systems will be validated above and beyond the legal requirements.
What You'll Need
- A showcase of extracurricular projects or hobbies (e.g. engineering student teams, vehicle projects, robotics, hackathons, etc.)
- Experience with Altium designer
- Embedded programming experience
- Experience with IoT / wireless connectivity- Affinity for bikes, scooters, electric vehicles, and micro-mobility
- Hands-on experience with electric vehicle components (e.g. batteries, motors, etc.)- The ability to tackle open design and engineering projects- Technical writing and fluency in Mandarin is a bonus
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.