Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. You will own the end-to-end user experience of riding a Dott vehicle and lead the cross-functional team that designs and ships the overall experience. Dott strongly believes that the best path to achieving our mission is to build full-stack solutions from the ground up. Creating a reliable micro-mobility service requires continuous alignment between a wide range of disciplines (i.e. software, hardware, ops, marketing) and stakeholders (i.e. riders, cities, operations). This role will be responsible for bringing all the needs and constraints of these disparate parties together into a unified product direction and turning that vision into a reality
What You'll Do
- Lead Product Strategy: design overall experiences (and not just the vehicle hardware itself) that people want and we can ship. This means collecting and translating requirements from users, operations teams and cities into clear specifications for design and engineering teams. You will take into account a wide range of disciplines (hardware, software, operations, finance, legal/regulatory, etc.) and stay up to date on all technological and user innovations in the micro-mobility field to possibly incorporate them into future vehicle plans.
- Prioritization and roadmap: Drive product choices from concept/feasibility phases to final adjustments, iterating on the requirements based on feedback from users, technology, internal and external stakeholders. You will guide trade-off discussions to ensure all end products are best-in-class and delivered in a timely manner.
- Execution: Ship it! Monitor the development process, assemble and lead the cross-functional team in partnership with the hardware engineer managers to deliver the experiences we all dream about.
- Note: Your role is focused on high level functional specifications and design for the end user experience (including the vehicle itself). To achieve this, you will partner with technical PMs and engineers in hardware, embedded software and manufacturing who will own technical execution for these aspects.
What You'll Need
- Proven track record in product management from concept to realization
- Experience in the full lifecycle of vehicle development or relevant Hardware + Software projects (specific experience in bikes / e-bikes is a plus).
- Expert experience in translating user, market, operational and technology needs to functional briefs for engineering teams.
- Past experience leading cross-functional hardware and software teams. This can include engineering, industrial designers, user research, marketing
- Strong ability to prioritize, make decisions / tradeoffs with conflicting requirements, complex edge cases, and unexpected challenges
- Ability to incorporate sustainable thinking into problem-solving. Sustainability is a key value for the company and will be a strong driver for the requirementsStrong communication skills to ensure all stakeholders are informed throughout the project
- Clear alignment with our company values and sharing market model
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.