Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As a Systems Engineering Lead on the Advanced Development and Concepts Team, you will be responsible for driving the innovation funnel and development for the next generation of Dott technologies and vehicle platforms. To succeed at this role, you will be working alongside engineering, product management, and business development to bring forth new technologies, products and solutions that are different from the core product portfolio of Dott. You will need to have a strong technical foundation and understanding of the overall vehicle systems such as mechanical, electrical, and firmware. Come join Dott and help solve tomorrow's challenges to free our cities with clean rides for everyone!
What you'll do
- Lead key aspects of the Advanced Development (early feasibility) process including the research, development and validation of new, integrated, shared micro mobility technologies.
- Coordinate and execute internal and partner trial demonstrations and pilot programs for key deployable solutions
- Stay current on technology and market changes and communicate these internally as appropriate
- Networking internally (with user research, data, other technology, and product development teams) to know the strategic connections to move projects forward
- Establish design and process plans to architect, prototype, and refining concepts using engineering principles, and design for manufacturability design practices
- Translate high-level objectives into detailed technical plans, execute the plan (individually and/or through others), and update the cross-functional project team on key technical and milestone risks
- Organize and leading technical reviews to communicate project findings
- Lead risk/failure mode assessment, test method development, and performance and safety testing for early feasibility products
- Complete documentation of all project data (responsibility to assure accuracy and completeness)
What you'll need
- Significant experience in development and management of complex, integrated systems
- Experience working collaboratively in small teams on fast-paced projects
- History of developing systems from clean-sheet designs with partially defined higher-level requirements and changing criteria, figures-of-merit, and objectives
- Experience across the product life cycle (pre-conceptual design through field support)
- Excellent judgment and be comfortable making high-quality and high-velocity decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn from some of the best Engineers in the industry working on cutting edge technologies that did not exist a number of years ago. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: Flexible working environment, do you want to work fully remote? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.