Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. As revenue/billing specialist you are part of a dynamic team that manages the daily finance operations for our headquarters and multiple entities. Your main responsibility will be ensuring that Dott’s revenues are recognised accurately, completely and timely. Our revenue stream involves multiple companies and types of revenue, so be prepared for some complex reconciliations! Next to processing Invoices to our customers, following up on collections and reconciling revenue transactions you will work on projects that will improve the quality, structure and timeliness of our revenue recognition process. With this dual focus you will have a key-role in the steady delivery and improvement of high quality and timely financial insights.
What you'll do
- Process revenue transactions for all our entities
- Monitoring completeness of revenue
- Perform revenue analysis
- Ensure invoice processing for our B2B customers are performed timely and accurately
- Manage the collections
- Maintain customer contact information
- Work together with the accounting manager to determine, amend and improve the revenue recognition process and controls
- Support in maintenance of process documentation
- Ensure compliance with our revenue recognition methodology
- Create and maintain revenue reports and reconciliations
- Support in month-end closing procedures as well as year-end closing procedures
What you'll need
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar or related role
- Education in accounting or related field
- Understanding of core accounting principles related to revenue (IFRS 15)
- Experience in a fast-pacing start-up / scale-up environment or mature corporate environment
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to visualize financial figures in a clear and concise way
What’s in it for me? 🌎 An international environment: over 55 nationalities across 9 countries: Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Finland Norway and the UK. 🌿 Impact : An Opportunity to play your part working for a company that is actively addressing some of the current climate concerns worldwide, doing everything we can to be as sustainable as possible. 💡 Opportunities to learn : You will have an opportunity to learn and grow throughout your position. ❓Transparency: Weekly Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about how we are progressing and our growth in all of our markets. 💜 People-first: We are here to support all of our employees, and have partnered with MindMatters to ensure our employees mental health is top of mind in these difficult times. Benefits we offer: 🏡 Flexible working environment, do you want to work from home? Two days from the office? Or fully in the office? It's your choice, just let us know! 🪑 Assistance with a WFH station 💰 A fair and competitive salary package 🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship available 👶 Parental policy Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.