Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. About the Role: As revenue specialist you are part of a dynamic team that manages the daily finance operations for our headquarters and multiple entities. Your main responsibility will be ensuring that Dott’s revenues are recognised accurately, completely and timely. Our revenue stream involves multiple companies and types of revenue, so be prepared for some complex reconciliations! Next to processing and reconciling revenue transactions you will work on projects that will improve the quality, structure and timeliness of our revenue recognition process. With this dual focus you will have a key-role in the steady delivery and improvement of high quality and timely financial insights.
What you’ll do:
- Work together with the accounting manager to determine, amend and improve the revenue recognition process
- Process revenue transactions for all our entities
- Monitoring completeness of revenue
- Perform revenue analysis
- Support in maintenance of process documentation
- Ensure compliance with our revenue recognition methodology
- Create and maintain revenue reports and reconciliations
- Support in month-end closing procedures as well as year-end closing procedures
- Support as necessary to facilitate forecasting and budget processes
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar or related role
- Education in accounting or related field
- Understanding of core accounting principles related to revenue (IFRS 15)
- Experience in a fast-pacing start-up / scale-up environment or mature corporate environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to visualize financial figures in a clear and concise way
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.