Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. We are looking for a talented and passionate tax professional to be the first Tax specialized colleague at Dott to lead the set up and build up the Tax function within Dott. Dott is a fast growing start-up that is now present in multiple jurisdictions in Europe and the UK and possesses a supply chain that involves multiple countries. Moreover, Dott is constantly expanding and engaging into transactions that will keep this tax professional excited with lots of opportunities to explore new and exciting areas in Tax. This is a great opportunity for a passionate and ambitious tax professional to generate significant impact with his/her work.
What you'll do
- Tax Planning
- Support the implementation of non-structural tax planning strategies
- Participate in proposed Transactions to advise on Tax Consequences
- Support foreign tax integration of acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings into the corporate structure
- Provide tax review of Intercompany / third party contracts
- Transfer Pricing
- Ensure adherence to the Transfer Pricing Concept
- Maintain Transfer Pricing Documentation
- Tax Compliance
- Ensure Global Corporate Tax Compliance
- Streamline VAT processes and reporting and closely work together with finance team members on VAT compliance
- Tax Audits
- Evaluate requests and participate in developing strategies
- Support the coordination and implementation of tax audit strategies
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare current / deferred income tax calculations for NL financial statements and support external advisors in other jurisdictions
- Manage tax matters for the annual statutory audit
- Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts
- Lead technology and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information is provided by the Finance team
- Design & implement internal tax controls, identify tax risks (for all direct and indirect taxes)
- Grants and subsidies management
- Research potential grants and subsidies Dott can apply for in its multiple jurisdictions
- Lead application process for government grants and subsidies
- Manage grant and subsidy compliance processes
What you'll need
- Degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics
- Proven track record of personal growth in your career path
- At least 5 years of experience in a Big 4 environment and/or Business environment
- Experience in setting up new processes and leading projects across multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally, with the ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax colleagues
- Affinity with Technology company and a high growth environment
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach and success in working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of multiple International tax areas
- Ability to managing multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of Exact (ERP) is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Based in the Netherlands or willingness to relocate
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.