Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. The FP&A analyst involves close collaboration with many of the key leaders within the business, as well as the rest of the FP&A team and the wider Finance organization. The task is to provide management with forecasting on profit and loss (income statement) and reporting on operating performance on the short and medium term outlook. The role will involve a high level of collaboration across the business to ensure accurate communication of financial and non-financial information and financial analysis to influence decision-making among senior stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Analyze on current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, margin, volumes and operating expenses
- Monitoring of performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing root causes of variance
- Acts as a lead in the budgeting & forecasting processConducts ad-hoc reporting and analysis to business leaders
- Supports in the monthly and quarterly management report cycleImplement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool, create enhanced dashboard reports
- Partner with the accounting teams to help assure accurate GL close and reporting and conduct (system) reconciliationsSupport performance improvements by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand value drivers
- Provide analysis of current performance against budget and forecast future expectations
- Support the end to end group budget and forecast processes
- Support the forecast process in conjunction with key stakeholders, and in collaboration with the rest of the FP&A team
- Work with the Team Lead to manage a rolling monthly forecast model and provide timely insights into performance against budget/forecastProvide financial analysis (FP&A) & commentary on month-end financials & KPIs
What you'll need
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Business Economics, Finance and/or Accounting orientated study
- Chartered Accountant qualified: ACA or CIMA, or equivalent
- FP&A experience, demonstrable success at developing quality insights for non-finance management teams, ideally gained in an e-commerce company.
- Exceptional Excel and financial modelling skills
- Hands on experience of using EPM/BPM systems (planning tools)
- Advanced technical skills in financial systems and MS Office
- Experience with reporting & analytical tools, like SPSS, Business-Intelligence environments, SQL, etc.
- Eye for detail and dedication to accuracy
- Proactive and ambitious, with the ability to build solid relationships across the business
- Flexible and adaptable individual who thrives in a fast and demanding environment
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.