Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. The mission of the Finance Operations Manager is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books, records and financial reports. Finance will be the integral business partner to support Dott’s mission and vision. This will require Finance to focus on the basics of providing financial services and support, deliver value added finance service and support to Dott Leadership team. This position will provide the financial oversight and local (commercial) knowledge to support the business in the EU countries - operations, supply chain, etc. This includes ensuring the basics are in place and operational for maintaining accurate and adequate books and records in accordance with local and EU generally accepted accounting principles, actual reporting as necessary for the business, adhere an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with Dott finance policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
What you'll do
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IFRS and local GAAP and are posted in a timely manner
- Support month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Provide support as necessary to facilitate forecasting and budget processes
- Support the audit process and provides documents as necessary to facilitate the completion of audit requests
- Ensure fixed asset expenditures are supported by and approved with sufficient detail to support the business; assets are properly accounted for and depreciated in accordance with company policy; fixed assets are properly tracked through regular asset verification processes
- Monitors inventory costs are properly reflected in the balance sheet
- Ensure timely submission of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
What you'll need
- 5 years experience in an Accountant or equivalent position in a multinational environment or a start-up.
- A recognized post graduate financial qualification - ACA, CPA, etc.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Fluent spoken and written English, any other European language is a plus
- Familiar with IFRS, local EU GAAP is a plus
- Advanced skills of Exact (preferable)
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Thrive in fast-paced start-up environment; adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Advanced skills using Excel
- Experience with a big data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker) is a plus
- Based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.