Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. Fixed Asset Accountant will partner closely with the different Supply Chain, Operations and Hardware teams to run the day-to-day accounting activities of our Fixed Assets and Inventory, implement policies, controls and system improvements that directly affect fixed asset accounting. To succeed in this role, the candidate needs to demonstrate exceptional communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills, project management skills and a results driven mindset. This individual will need to be organized and strategic in order to handle multiple responsibilities at once.
What you'll do
- Manage day to day operation related to fixed asset, leased assets, inventory and capitalization of people cost and CAPEX accounting activities
- Prepare, calculate, post and review monthly fixed assets and inventory activity, including reconciling balancesTrack on a monthly basis people costs that capitalizable and amortization schedule
- Maintain local Fixed Asset policy and develop controls for proper execution of activities
- Lead cross-functional projects with Operations, Supply Chain and Finance to analyze, plan and execute system improvements
- Support audit related to fixed asset, leased assets, inventory and capitalization of people costs and CAPEX accounting
- Monitor, guide, and communicate with Supply Chain team regarding assetsReconcile between systems and modulesIssue investigation and resolution from technical and accounting point of view in all above mentioned processes
- Prepare Audit documentation and participation in internal and external Audits
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, or in a related specialization
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA or similar)
- Prior professional experience in a combination of Big4 companies, Large corporates and startup / scale up environments
- At least 10 years' experience in general ledger accounting, with significant experience in capex and asset related accounting
- Experience in a fast-paced environment or a start-up would be a plus
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software, such as Exact and Google Sheets
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.