Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. The mission of the Finance Operations Manager is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the company’s books, records and financial reports. Finance will be the integral business partner to support Dott’s mission and vision. This will require Finance to focus on the basics of providing financial services and support, deliver value added finance service and support to Dott Leadership team. This position will provide the financial oversight and local (commercial) knowledge to support the business in the EU countries - operations, supply chain, etc. This includes ensuring the basics are in place and operational for maintaining accurate and adequate books and records in accordance with local and EU generally accepted accounting principles, actual reporting as necessary for the business, adhere an effective system of internal controls and ensure compliance with Dott finance policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
What you'll do
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IFRS and local GAAP and are posted in a timely manner
- Support month-end processes to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Provide support as necessary to facilitate forecasting and budget processes
- Support the audit process and provides documents as necessary to facilitate the completion of audit requests
- Ensure fixed asset expenditures are supported by and approved with sufficient detail to support the business; assets are properly accounted for and depreciated in accordance with company policy; fixed assets are properly tracked through regular asset verification processes
- Monitors inventory costs are properly reflected in the balance sheet
- Ensure timely submission of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
What you'll need
- 5 years experience in an Accountant or equivalent position in a multinational environment or a start-up.
- A recognized post graduate financial qualification - ACA, CPA, etc.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Fluent spoken and written English, any other European language is a plus
- Familiar with IFRS, local EU GAAP is a plus
- Advanced skills of Exact (preferable)
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Thrive in fast-paced start-up environment; adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Advanced skills using Excel
- Experience with a big data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker) is a plus
- Based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.