Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. This role is to ensure that business transactions activity is appropriately captured and accounted for in our financial statements. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and show strong leadership skills.
What you'll do
- Review current revenue recognition processes/procedures and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Prepare month-end journal entries and supporting schedules related to
- Interface with Technical Accounting, Internal Audit and the Company’s independent public accounting firm on technical accounting matters
- Perform company accounting operations and determine revenues and expenditures
- Work with account team to perform financial planning, analysis and reporting activities
- Determine monthly revenue forecast and perform monthly revenue analysis and calculation
- Generate monthly revenue and expenditure reports to management
- Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner
- Prepare accounting records and financial reports as per company standards
- Provide financial expertise based on company financial commitments and forecasts
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or job-related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience
- Affinity with different kinds of finance systems Strategic and variable problem solving abilities
- ACA / CIMA qualified or equivalentBe able to demonstrate previous success running Accounts Receivables departments
- Deep understanding of core accounting principles
- Be able to demonstrate previous success within a recurring revenue business model
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.