Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for a General Ledger Accountant for our Finance team. You will be working with the Finance Operations Manager to make sure that our financial results are accurate and delivered on time. You will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will work closely with other teams within the company such as central and local Operations and Supply chain teams.
What you'll do
- Finalising month end reconciliations and procedures, actively participate in the reporting of the month end results.
- Perform Fixed Assets reconciliations, monitor Inventory and Depreciation
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information.
- Performing audits on financial data to assure its accuracy and truthfulness.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
- Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as preparing reports.
- Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing record keeping.
- Participate in creation of accounting procedures and guidelines
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, or in a related specialization.
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA or similar) or a finalist with a few exams remaining
- At least 4 years' experience in general ledger accounting, or similar
- Experience in a fast-paced environment or a start-up would be a plus
- Proficiency in accounting and business management software, such as Exact and Google Sheets
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.