Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. About the Role: Seen the expected growth of Dott we are looking for multiple accountants. As accountant you are part of a dynamic team that manages the daily finance operations for our headquarters and multiple entities. Your responsibilities vary from timely registration of transactions to supporting cross functional projects and in the delivery of vital financial data to the leadership team. You will perform these activities, amongst others, for countries or transactional flows that are assigned to you. Think of Italy, Norway or France and combine this with supporting the team in, for example, fixed asset accounting or revenue recognition. Sounds quite interesting, right? Next to processing of financial transactions you will analyze financial data processed and delivered by specialist colleagues. As we have just started to conquer Europe, procedures and policies are subject to changes and improvements. When you identify inefficiencies or issues we encourage you to think of improvements and help to implement them. All coming together you will have a key-role in the further growth of Dott!
What you’ll do:
- Process regular financial transactions accurately, completely and timely for your assigned countries
- Support in registrations and reconciliations related to more complex processes such as fixed assets and/or revenue recognition
- Analyze financial data processed by specialistsPeriodic reconciliation of suspense accounts
- Prepare month- and year-end closing reconciliations
- Engage in cross functional improvement projects
- Continuous focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience as an accountant with at least one multinational corporation, a start-up or scale-up
- An education in accountingIn-depth understanding of accounting best-practices
- Experience in a fast-pacing start-up environment or mature corporate environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead as well as being flexible
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.