Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. We're looking for an experienced data scientist to drive our growth initiatives. We believe data should be at the heart of our growth team, where every decision has to be supported by insights and statistics. In this role, you will be trusted to set up the frameworks through which we look at growth. In this dynamic, and highly explorative position As part of the Growth team, you will join a team of top-notch engineers, designers, product managers, and analysts to bring growth strategies to life.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute experiments and rigorous A/B tests that drive a smoother, more engaging user experience
- Through exploration, build a structural understanding of our riders and identify opportunities for growth and optimization at every stage of their lifecycle
- Set up an analytical experimentation framework that scales rapidly and efficiently
- Communicate findings at company level to foster a deeper understanding of the user experience
- Collaborate with analysts and data engineers to build a scalable growth data infrastructure
- Pricing optimization: through experimentation, define the optimal price offering through pay-as-you-go, package discounts and subscription models
What You'll Need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Data Scientist, ideally in a growth capacity
- Strong convictions, loosely held. You are a continuous searcher for truth and know the value of being wrong
- Analytical intuition. You have a inherent understanding of data and know where and how to look for answers fast
- Expert in SQL and Python
- Advanced understanding of statistical modelling
- Thrive in fast-paced start-up environment; adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal), bonus for another European language
- Experience in performance marketing, customer communications (push, email), or pricing experimentation are a big plus
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.